A list of facts about relationships and dating. Based on stats and human psychology.
Interesting facts that are based on statistics and psychology concerning human relationships and dating.
1. Couples usually wait until six to eight dates before entering an exclusive relationship.
2. The most common time for breakups is around 4 months.
3. A couple will exchange house keys after about 12 to 14 dates.
4. One out of three teenagers has experienced violence in a dating relationship.
5. Men tend to dump an overweight partner 3 times more than women do.
6. If a man can’t decide what to wear on a date, he might want to wear blue as women are attracted to blue.
7. 33% of online daters form a relationship, 33% do not and the rest just give up.
8. The third week in September is National Singles Week in the U.S.
9. Four out of 10 workplace dating relationships result in marriage.
10. It only takes seconds to decide another person’s attractiveness.
11. Nearly 40% of men do not feel confident meeting a woman for the first time.
12. Studies show that before a man even speaks a word, the way he stands (whether he is slouching or not) counts for over 80% of woman’s first impression.
13. Studies show that men are put off by groups of loud women. If a woman wants to get a date, she should break away from a loud group to give a man a chance to approach her.
14. If you want to create an instant link with a date, say his or her name at least twice in the conversation. This shows attentiveness and connectiveness.
15. Studies show that remembering bits of information about a person and working them into conversations not only is highly flattering but also shows interest.
16. If a woman is interested in her date, she will often smile at his jokes, play with her hair, fidget with an object such as a glass, blush when he pays her a compliment, pout or pucker her mouth, stumble over words, or lean in towards him.
17. Beautiful women typically get more stares, winks, and harassment than average-looking women do, but they are also less likely to get asked out by average-looking men because those men tend to be intimated by them.
18. Choosing exciting places for a first date increases the chances of the other person falling for you. There is a definitive link between danger and physical/romantic attraction.
19. Dating specialists suggest that if a woman doesn’t return a call after two messages, she is not interested.
20. Research shows that men know they’re falling in love after just three dates, but women don’t fall in love until date 14.
21. On average, daters will kiss on the second date.
22. Italian food is one of the most popular restaurants for a first date.
23. A woman can increase the likelihood of a man approaching her if she uncrosses her arms, makes subtle eye contact and smiles.
24. The curve of the counter in a bar is designed so other customers can easily “check out” other customers. Bars also purposely place mirrors to help create a larger sense of place and to allow a person to scope out other people behind them.
25. Humans like mystery and “the chase,” so don't be too “available” to a date. Dating experts typically suggest not sleeping too early with a date because the longer the chase, the more likely love will blossom.